Thursday, December 1, 2016

A Friendly Reminder

I know that the world we live in can be a really harsh, cruel place. At a time where it seems like all you read about is the bad in the world and people doing nothing but hurt one another, I just wanted to remind you that there are infact some pretty amazing people in the world. I was reminded of this when I checked the mail today.

This small package addressed to Jack was bound to the rest of the mail with a  rubber band.

Since we are in full Christmas swing here, I didn't think much of it, assuming it was just a little early Christmas gift. So I opened it to find this:
It was a cool Superman wallet with a note that reads "Hi Jack aka Superman. I found your wallet. Also-- I may have missed your birthday. I hope you had a good one." The wallet and note alone were amazing enough.. then I opened the wallet to find this:



Jack's mystery cheerleader strikes again!! If you don't know what I'm talking about, someone has been randomly sending Jack superman themed cards with encouraging words and money in them. I don't know who this person is. I don't know if I know them.. or if they are a friend of a friend of a friend. All I know is they think of my precious boy and send him these incredibly thoughtful, encouraging words and these incredibly generous gifts. Despite my pleas for them to come forward so I can thank them, they choose to remain anonymous. At Christmas time when they could spend this money on a million other things, they choose to send it here to Jack. My favorite thing about all of this is that this amazing person has no agenda-- they do this incredible act of kindness just to do it. If leaves me speechless every time... so if you're reading this, Jack's mystery cheerleader, 2 things... You didn't miss Jack's birthday. And more importantly, thank you. From the bottom of our hearts. 

(but really I can't tell you how crazy it is driving me that I can't figure out who you are!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment